This anhydrous fine grade citric acid is another must for bath bomb making.
MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET
1. Identification of Product and Supplier
Product Name: Citric Acid Anhydrous
Supplier: SOAPOSH, BROOKLYN, LOWER DOWNGATE, CORNWALL PL17 8LA
Emergency Tel No: 01579 370792 Contact: C. Solomon2 - Composition and information on ingredients:
Main hazards: irritating to eyes.
Other hazards: this product has a relatively low toxicity rating and no handling
problems are likely to be encountered providing normal safe practices of
hygiene are applied.
Inci Name: Citric Acid
Cas No: 77-92-9
Einecs No: 201-069-1
Chemical composition: C6H8O7
3 -Hazards identification:
- Low hazards under normal conditions.
4 - First aid measures:
- INHALATION: Remove from exposure site to fresh air. May irritate nose and throat. May cause coughing and breathing difficulty. Consult a Doctor.
- Skin contact: Flush with plenty of running water and soap
- Eye contact: Flush with plenty of water. May cause redness and irritation. If this persists consult a Doctor.
- Ingestion: Rinse mouth with plenty of water. Do not induce vomiting. Encourage patient to drink water. Seek medical advice if large amount ingested.
5 - Fire - Fighting measures:
Extinguishing media: Water mist, carbon dioxide, foams, inert powder
Extinguishing media to avoid:
Special exposure hazards: None
6 - Accidental release measures:
PERSONAL PRECAUTIONS: Avoid inhalation & direct contact with skin & eyes. Use individual protective
equipment (safety glasses, waterproof-boots, suitable protective clothing) in case of major spillages.
ENVIRONMENT PRECAUTIONS: Avoid creating dust. Flush with water after clean up.
CLEANING UP METHODS FOR SPILLAGES: Vacuum up and wash spill site. Observe state, federal & local disposal regulations.
7 - Handling and storage:
Apply good manufacturing practice & industrial hygiene practices, ensuring
proper ventilation. Observe good personal hygiene, and do not eat, drink or smoke whilst handling.
Non flammable powder should be stored in airtight container out of direct sunlight.
8 - Exposure controls and personal protection:
RESPIRATORY PROTECTION: Avoid breathing dust.
VENTILATION: Ensure good ventilation of working area.
HAND PROTECTION: Avoid all skin contact if possible.
EYE PROTECTION: Use safety glasses.
9 -Physical data and chemical properties:
- Form: White crystal
- Odour: None
- Colour: White
- Hydrosolubility: Soluble
Tags: Citric Acid